Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello, world!

I can't say that I'm a food expert, but I'm definitely a food lover. When I plan vacations, I plan around food. I will read all the reviews and ratings and menus. I will make all the reservations, then plan our itineraries around those. In this day and age, this has become so easy. Most of the time, I didn't even have to talk to anybody. (Hmm that might not be a good thing. =)

In September 2008, my son, D, tested positive for milk (dairy), egg, peanuts, and green peas allergies. This has made eating out very challenging. But that will not dampen my desire to "enjoy" food. Even if I can't taste it, I would still like to see it, and read about it. It's like food for my eyes, and brain, so to speak. So feel free to post your experiences, recipes, pictures, or any random thoughts on any food related subjects. And hopefully through this blog, I will learn more about food, and become a better cook.

I was a software engineer (yes, just another programmer working for that big company here in the Northwest). I quit my job at the end of 2007 to take care of D. It turned out to be a wise move due to his allergies. However, now that he's in daycare, I don't know if I could get a job in this soft market, or whether I have the time to commit to a full time position. So in the mean while, I like to read and talk as much about food as possible. My goal last year was to read all the posts in all the blogs mentioned in Times Online. Now, this would probably be easy for you fast readers out there. But I'm slow, so this is very ambitious for me. We'll see, it's like a Mid-Year resolution. =) I will be eating, sleeping, and breathing in food blogs. Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad life.

No comments:

Post a Comment