Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Something Japanese

The sun was out, it was a beautiful day. As this was very rare in Seattle in November, I couldn't sit still in the house. So I took the bus downtown and walked around. Around 3 o'clock, a happy hour sign caught my eye. Since I don't go into Seattle very often, I thought it was a great opportunity to try some place new. Even though it was a spur of the moment, I'd still like to do a little research, so I picked up couple of brochures in Pacific Place. There, among the list of many eating options, was a place called Japanese Gourmet. What piqued my curiosity was that they had sushi specials during happy hour. The place was easy to find along Stewart Street by Post Alley. I'm quite picky and skeptical when it comes to Asian restaurants. But how much could $2.75 for 2 pieces of nigiri hurt? So I went in and sat at the sushi bar. I started with an order each of Sockeye Salmon and Unagi. Since there was hardly anybody in the restaurant, the sushi chef worked on my order right away. The pieces were large, the salmon was fresh. As I talked with the sushi chef, I found myself wanting more. So I gave in to the urge, and got another order of Sockeye. I'd say that was a pretty satisfactory snack.

I'm not one that would normally chit-chat with restaurant staff. But it seems like I should do it more often, since the sushi chef gave me a tip on how to make certain something. A little suspense is always fun, don't you agree? ;) So until I have successfully made this certain something, I guess you'll have to wait with a little patience to find out what this is. =)

Japanese Gourmet Restaurant
82 Stewart St Seattle, WA 98101
(206)728-6204

No comments:

Post a Comment