Monday, September 14, 2009

Trophy Cupcakes (Bellevue)

It was quite an event when the Bravern opened this weekend, bringing Neiman Marcus along with designer stores such as Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Salvatore Ferragamo and Hermes, etc. to the Pacific Northwest, making Bellevue a step closer to a premier shopping destination. The Neiman Marcus gala took place on Thursday night, and the store opend to public on Friday. Apparently, they had a great turnout over the weekend despite the dismal economy.

I stopped by today to avoid the weekend traffic. The stores weren't packed, but they weren't empty either. It was obvious that the popularity of Trophy Cupcakes and Party continued as the line extended outside of the store. Trophy offers 5 everyday standby flavors: Chocolate Vanilla, Triple Chocolate, Vanilla Vanilla, Vanilla Chocolate, and Red Velvet. It also offers 4 rotating flavors. As it was Monday, the flavors were Hummingbird, Lemon, Snickerdoodle, and Snowball. I seriously considered Triple Chocolate, and Snowball (a chocolate cake with coconut buttercream and pink shaved coconut). But Hummingbird (banana pineapple coconut cake with cream cheese frosting) won me over. I loved the cake. It was moist, and all the flavors complemented each other. But the frosting was a bit too sweet for me that I had difficulty finishing it. The cupcakes were $3 a pop, or $33 a dozen. The shop also sells coffees and party supplies such as cards and paper decorations. Considering a $3 cupcake can get you a 3 hour parking validation ($13 value), I say it is a GREAT value!

I think next time I will try the triple chocolate.

Trophy Cupcakes
700 110th Ave NE. Ste 260 (Bravern), Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)361-0033

No comments:

Post a Comment