Friday, September 4, 2009

Tap House Grill

Today, I met with my friend K for lunch at Tap House Grill. This was actually my first time at Tap House. I don't really like parking at the Galleria. Even though it's not THAT old, the elevators are already falling apart. The building designer probably couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted an outdoor experience or an indoor mall. It was kind of a hybrid. The elevator would take you outside, then you'd go to a restaurant, or take the escalator. I don't particularly care for the layout.

The Tap House Grill is set on the ground floor, the dining room was very large. The ambiance was very much new American. We sat at a booth. (I always love a booth. =) The lovely K has a high stress job, so she got a Cosmo. Of course, a friend can't let a friend drink alone. So I got a Tropical Paradise, which contains Midori, creme de banana, Malibu, pineapple and cranberry juice. I love all the ingredients in the drink. Together, the sum is only as good as the parts, not better. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. It was very fruity, and I could barely taste the alcohol. But I was hoping to be blown away, and that I wasn't.

K got a turkey club with jack cheese, tomato, avocado, bacon, and lettuce, along with some fries. I got Dungeness crab mac & cheese. The club was good, and fries were plenty, my mac and cheese was very rich, with big chunks of crab. I loved the crab. But nothing else was memorable.

They have sushi on the menu too. But I'm a bit skeptical. Maybe I will give it a try next time when I come for happy hour.

Tap House Grill
550 106th Ave NE (between 4th St & 6th St), Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)467-1730

No comments:

Post a Comment