Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family, meet Palomino

After hubby and the kids' church service (yes, you caught me, hubby was raised Catholic, and he intends to raise our kids that way as well) and my weekly Williams Sonoma class, I lured them to Palomino for lunch so that I could meet my beloved apple drop again. As the day was beautiful, we decided to take advantage of the Happy Hour on the patio. Without a moments loss, I ordered the apple drop as soon as we sat down. This could become a habit, and that's not half bad at all. =) After choosing J's kids meals of grilled chicken breast, seasonal fruit, apple juice, and sundae, we decided on Taleggio and Cambozola fondue, grilled wild forest mushrooms salad, and sausage and mushroom pizza.

Once the most difficult of decision making was over, we sat back, soaked up the sun, and ready to enjoy our food. J's kids meal portion was very large, it must have been a whole breast (chicken that is) on the plate. The fruit disappeared so quickly between the kids, you'd think they never get any at home. Our brick oven fired fondue was served alongside pear, apple, honey, and Roma style pizza crisps. The cheese tasted wonderful, only due to the lack of a heat source, it started solidifying as we worked our way into it. I think the menu also mentioned pistachio crust, there wasn't any. But I wouldn't complain, it tasted just fine. =) The pizza crisps were really their normal pizza dough sans the topping cut into quarters. I was expecting strips as the pie shape wasn't as easy to use as utensils without breaking. The salad was topped with walnuts and Gorgonzola, then tossed in a vinaigrette. It was a perfect balance with the meaty and earthy mushroom, the salty Gorgonzola, and the sweet and sour dressing. As for the pizza, well, it was good, I only wish I were a neater eater so I wouldn't have dropped any sausage bits.

What more could a gal ask for beyond having a great meal (at bargain price too!) with the family on a perfect summer day?

Palomino Bellevue
610 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)455-7600

No comments:

Post a Comment