Thursday, August 6, 2009

Farmers Market

I can't believe I haven't been to even one Farmers Market until today. I went to the one in Downtown Bellevue. The ones I've been to in California are much bigger, however, this is very well organized. They even had a chef demo. Today's guest of honor is Executive chef Darin Leonardson from Toscano. It's so nice to see all these people wondering down the aisles in search of their favorite fruit, veggie, or a bouquet of flowers. And I bought the first lemon cucumber in my life! =) I think every fruit and veggie I saw today was marked organic. I don't think this was the case a few years ago. Sometimes I wonder if we are going a little too far with this organic business. True, anything I'd eat raw with the skins, I would prefer to buy organic, peaches, grapes, berries, tomatoes, etc. But do organic bananas really make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment