Thursday, August 20, 2009

Do You Diet?

Do you? If so, are you willing to give up your favorite food?

I can't. I just know that I will never have the willpower to pass on something delicious no matter how many calories, and how many grams of fat it contains. I would still eat foie gras and chocolate souffle every chance I get.

I always thought I was blessed with the skinny gene. My dad is one of the skinniest people I know. Really! The man is barely over 130 lbs at 5'9" (and that's relatively tall for a Chinese guy). He's got no fat! And he loves to snack! When I'm at my parents', almost every time I turn around, he's eating something. And he's got a sweet tooth. He would eat anything with sugar in it. The only thing he ever mentioned being just a tad too sweet was the Costco All American Chocolate Cake, you know, the four layer, 5+ inches tall one. And my grandfather was skinny too. So of course, I was sure that I'd never gain weight no matter what I put in my mouth. All I had to do was eat a little less for 2 days, and I'd be back down again. I just ignored the people who told me that it would catch up with me when I turn 30, or 35, or whatever.

Each time I get pregnant, I put on a whopping 45+ lbs. So it takes a looooooooooong time to lose all of that. Truth be told, I still had 4 pounds left from the first pregnancy when I got pregnant with DiDi (little brother in Chinese). The last couple of years, I have been losing the 2nd pregnancy weight ever so slowly. Then this year hit, all of the sudden, I couldn't lose anymore weight. It was a little annoying to say the least to see the little pouch disguised as my tummy. But what was I to do? I couldn't give up anything really scrumptious. My best friend E told me to try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Really? I've never been the workout type. I was kinda doubtful. But it really works! I've been doing it everyday (shhh, those were special circumstances, don't tell anyone. =) for 2 months now. And I started losing weight again. True, I didn't lose that much. I'm only back to pre-2nd-pregnancy weight. But what's more important is that my shape is changing. The fat on my tummy is going away. Who knows, I might actually get a six-pack.

So maybe you'd like to give it a try too. Then you can continue to eat what you love. (Yes, a little moderation wouldn't hurt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment