Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Klutz and Western Fried Rice

I'm such a klutz!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what's gotten into me this past week. I've been dropping things left and right. Last Friday, I cut BOTH of my thumbs on the food processor blade while washing up. Not one, BOTH of them! Especially the second time, I was trying to turn the blade in the drying rack so that no one else would get cut. Grrr. And today, I microplaned my knuckle while shaving Parmigiano Reggiano onto my fried rice with leek, arugula, sun-dried tomato and heirloom tomato for lunch. Don't ask me how. So mad at me!

Oh yeah, lunch. When I had to take care of my son, I used to think it would be so nice when he finally went to daycare, and I could have lunches at leisure. He started daycare this month. But now I feel a little silly cooking just for myself, so I try to do things that are simple and quick, and use up things that no one else in the house would eat, such as bok choy, leek, or arugula. Today, I initially wanted to make pasta with leek and arugula. But there was a little bit of rice left in the fridge. So I stir fried the rice with the leek instead of tossing in the pasta. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. And the result? Well, surprisingly good. Other than rice, I didn't even use any soy sauce. So I guess this cross breed is more Western than Eastern.

No comments:

Post a Comment