Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peach Cobbler

I do buy fruit in season. I do, I do. I just often forget what I've bought, and ending buying more. To use up the peaches and nectarines that are piling up, I decided to make this peach cobbler sans the berries. (I added 1/4 cup of crasins in their place, does that count? =)

I cut down the recipe to fit in my 8" baking pan. To make it vegan, I used margarine instead of butter, and substituted almond milk with lemon juice for buttermilk.

The result? The dough on the bottom got a little soggy, especially after a day. (This is probably because I used a baking pan, instead of a cast iron pan. If so, I have no one to blame but myself.) But the nectarines were really good. Hubby complained that the individual components didn't enhance each other as he gobbled it down. The kids loved it. D first refused it, but once he had some, he asked for seconds, then thirds. No, I didn't give him thirds.

I will definitely make this again when I have berries. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment