Monday, October 11, 2010

Portobello Prosciutto Burgers

Today, as I was cutting up some baby portobello mushrooms for sauteing, I remembered a friend posted a comment to this recipe on Facebook a few days ago. Sure, even the biggest baby bella was much smaller than a regular portobello. But the recipe looked so delish, I still went ahead with 6 of my biggest baby bella caps. To compensate this size difference, I broke a slice of provolone into thirds, and cut up a hot dog bun. (I was too lazy to go get some mini slider buns. =P) My basil leaves were so stubborn that they refused to break up into tiny bits in the food processor, so they weren't quite "one with the mayo". And since it was a last minute decision, I didn't soak the mushrooms in wine either. As I'm writing this, I just realized that I even forgot to top the prosciutto with a basil leaf. Hmm, even with all these missteps, it still tasted so good that I had two! =) This will definitely be in my repertoire from now on. So quick and easy AND satisfying! What more could you ask for?

PS: Another added benefit for using the baby bellas is that the kids LOVE it! I don't know about you, but mine aren't so enthusiastic about large portobellos due to their distinct and strong aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment