Thursday, September 16, 2010

Unpopular Vegetables

Today, I found these. Did you know that brussel sprouts grow on a stalk? I was so fascinated that I had to get it. This probably would have been a bad idea 6 months ago, since hubby didn't like brussel sprouts. Luckily, I changed his mind recently. (If you are wondering, the trick is NOT to overcook the brussel sprouts, so they don’t release the glucosinolate sinigrin, which has a sulfurous odor.)

Speaking of veggies that hubby doesn't like, I haven't been as lucky with eggplants. I have always been a fan of eggplants, so of course I'd like hubby to share my taste. Over the years, I have tried making eggplants over and over again. However, hubby's reply is always "It's good, for an eggplant, but I don't like eggplants." Grrr, even my favorite broiled eggplant with Nobu's Saikyo Sweet Miso sauce from Nobu Now and eggplant in garlic sauce got rejected. *sigh* Does anyone know how to convert an eggplant-hater?


No comments:

Post a Comment