Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Hour Recap

With a raining July 4th and Labor Day, summer was gone before it even started. I suppose it would be too much to ask a perfect summer like last year. Without the blue sky and warm air, it felt like the months went by without us going into Seattle for those weekend activities, or sitting on some patio enjoying happy hour fare. Now, I look back, it seemed that I only sneak in a couple of happy hours myself, and a couple with J. And me being such a procrastinator, I didn't even to write them up. I guess now is as good as any time to sum up the summer.

Last year, I read up bunch of reviews before going to the Stone House. I still remember many reviews mentioned that they had a fabulous happy hour. So one day, when I ran errands till 4 something without any lunch, I stopped by for a much needed refuel. Unfortunately, compared to the info online, the selection had gone down, and the price had gone up. But no matter, I was so starving I could eat a cow, so I got the spinach and fig salad, and the red Thai coconut curry mussels. The sweet fig and vinaigrette combination might be obvious, but you can't deny that they compliment each other perfectly. Texture wise, the salad was a little underwhelming. It would have been perfect if it was topped with some crunchy nuts, such as candied pecans or sorts. The mussels were delicious. The coconut curry was quite spicy but almost addictive. I only wish I had more bread to soak it all up. =)

Even though we live close to downtown Bellevue, I only went to Palomino twice. Palomino also raised their price a little bit. The Cranberry Mojito is just as fabulous as my favorite Candied Apple Drop, sweet but not syrupy, perfect for me! The Grilled Wild Mushroom Salad was as mouthwatering as I remembered. The flatbreads and pizzas, whether it was Wild Mushroom, Cured Ham, and Goat Cheese flatbread, or the Uli’s Italian Sausage and Mushroom pizza (no picture) were crispy and savory. (Hmm, I just realized that I only chose items with mushrooms.) The Palomino chef unequivocally knows his mushroom. It was consistently flawlessly cooked. The best part about enjoying happy hour at Palomino is that it’s also offered on the patio. So even if you have a child, you don’t have to give up the opportunities to treat yourself.

I wish there were more to write about. Hopefully next summer will be exciting.

Stonehouse
16244 Cleveland St, Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 558-5625

Palomino Bellevue
610 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
(425)455-7600

No comments:

Post a Comment