Friday, November 5, 2010

Taiwan, Part VI - Fnb Gourmet Group Yong Kong 15

Continuing with desserts...

On the day I went to National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial, I had a Mango Freeze with Custard (NT$130) at FnB Gourmet Group's Yong Kong 15 after lunch. I was looking for Ice Monster, but this was in its place. As confused as I was, I placed an order. Only now do I realize that there is Ice Monster no more. *sigh*

When I got the shaved ice, my first shock was that the portion was huge! The bowl was almost 8 inches across. This should not be attempted by one person. The mango was sweet and soft. The sweet and creamy condensed milk soaked into the snowy shaved ice. The custard didn't really taste like western custard. I think the difference is that it probably didn't contain any eggs. It reminds me of a creamy tofu based dessert. While I can't tell you how this compared to the infamous Ice Monster, this is definitely better than any shaved ice I've ever had in America, just not good enough for me to jump up and down with joy. (I also wouldn't eat it again without someone to share with.)

Fnb Gourmet Group Yong Kong 15 (永康15)
Address: 15 Yong Kong Street, Da’an district, Taipei
地址:台北市大安區永康街15號
Telephone: (02)2394-8279
電話:(02)2394-8279
Hours: 11am - 11pm
營業時間:11:00-23:00

No comments:

Post a Comment